Thursday, October 04, 2012

Illustration Friday - BOOK

My entry for this week's IF topic - Book:

IF - Book                                                             (c) Liz Stevens Illustration 2012
I was going for a kind of reverential feel in this one because that's how I feel about books in general.  I love them, wouldn't be without them, in every format, but printed and bound is best.  I certainly have lugged around enough of them in my travels.  My favorite store is a book store and my favorite thing to do (when not drawing) is to curl up with a good book and read.  

This poor guy isn't exactly curled up and comfortable, but he's definitely intense about it, and I hope he doesn't stay up too awfully late reading!  lol This is a "good book" in every sense! 

Enjoy & thanks for visiting - please leave a comment if so inclined!  -L

5 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Beautiful! I really admire your pen work and textures. Really cool character and details! And his little cat! (I swear 90% of entries this week include a cat or two!)

Tony LaRocca said...

This should be cut out and made into a Terry Gilliam animation!

S. D. Browne said...

The cross-hatching here is amazing; such mood. It also has a really dramatic composition, well done!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your wonderful comments everyone! I am truly enjoying getting to know cross hatching. I consider pen & ink one of my weaknesses when it comes down to it but after looking at other illustrator's pen & ink work I figured the only way to get better at something is to confront that 'demon'. What better way to practice than to do it weekly for my IF entry? So.... you can expect to see more of my p&I work in weeks to come. Thanks again for your comments & support. I'm honored & humbled. :)

Di said...

Beauiful penwork - very Goreyesque. Love how you handled the glowing lamp.