Monday, March 23, 2015

Living Mindfully Month - APRIL

I'm hosting a 21 Day Challenge in April on Kindspring.org so join me there!

Here's the backstory:

So I have been using an app called "Happify" to work on reversing my tendency towards negative thoughts. This app asks you to do little tasks and play games to rewrite your internal monologue and reprogram your brain. This. I. Need.

So today, to show kindness and appreciation I started a new exercise regimen. And I discovered (through Happify) that March is Living Mindfully month... somewhere - Australia I think. Here's a link to the site I found it on: View Link



So since March is almost over... Well, I'm posting this little image (above) for you to download and write 5 ways you lived more mindfully today. I'll edit the image and post another one for April so we can keep it going for the whole month. If you use the hashtag #livingmindfullymonth you can post it to social media and the original creator will see it!

Here's my Living Mindfully Month list for today 3/23/15:
1. Exercise Daily
2. Make healthier choices
3. Eat more veggies
4. Enjoy nature
5. Explore
6. Daily yoga session
7. Be Kind (including myself)
8. Make art daily - or create SOMETHING
9. Don't judge
10. Look for opportunity - even in the negative

Since April is my birth month, I'm going to live mindfully every day of April. And post another living mindfully list for the month! I hope you'll join me! Maybe I should make this a challenge? hmmm... o.O

Namasté
- See more at: http://www.kindspring.org/my/feed/#sthash.eAcYBXol.dpuf

Ok, so now to the challenge part...
I was inspired to host a challenge on Kindspring - a site that is wonderful for inspiring you to do more random acts of kindness.  This is an awesome site and I just love it.  I discovered it through my friend DotMatrix who hosted a challenge on there a couple months ago.

So I took the totalbalance.org idea and modified it so you can use it for April.  Starting in April, we'll be posting our mindfullness lists using my updated image.  Just print it out and fill in as many ways you want to be more mindful for the month.  Then post then join us on the challenge page and post.  It's contagious, right?  And we're making the world a better place just by changing what we can (ourselves & our mindset).

So I hope to see you on Kindspring in April!

Namasté,
Liz

Download this image by right-clicking on it and saving it to your computer.  Then print it and fill in your list.  Looking forward to hearing from you in April!








3 comments:

The Beauty in Things said...

I really liked your information. Keep up the good work. The Beauty in Things

Tizz said...

This is gorgeous. I'm not getting updates for your blog!

Tizz said...

I didn't know you were doing a Mindfulness challenge on KS omg. And this is from 2015. *flail*
♥.