Friday, July 08, 2011

Illustration Friday - Remedy


My entry for last week's Illustration Friday topic - Remedy.

When I think of a 'remedy' I think of hot tea with honey and lemon.  My Mom used to make me tea and toast when I was sick as a kid.  With lots of sugar and milk.  I loved dunking the toast into the tea and eating it all squishy and buttery.

I also had a friend in Kentucky whose grandmother would give her a teaspoon of white raisins soaked in gin for just about anything that ailed her.  Not sure what the medicinal qualities of that one are...but she said it worked great.

I plan to color this one in Photoshop and I'll post the images when I get them finished.  Just wanted to post this one before it was too awfully late!

2 comments:

owlsight said...

Very cool illustration, makes me want to go get some tea right now. Can't wait to see the finished illustration!

Tizz said...

I love it. Mmm tea and honey